TREAT YOUR HAIR THE WAY YOU WANT TO BE TREATED
Did you know you can make your own, totally natural, all organic and non-toxic shampoo? When we make our own shampoo we aren’t only helping our bodies but the environment as well. By making our own and choosing good ingredients, we know we are using products free of harsh chemicals and toxins. Plus, when these organic products are self-produced, we encourage the production of cleaner ingredients, which means less toxins in the land and on our skin. By sharing recipes like this, we hope people will help others be healthier and encourage young adults to start developing skills for a healthy long life.
So, summer is here! The temperature is rising and the sun radiates its harsh rays down on our hair. Time to keep our gorgeous locks and scalps healthy and moisturized. Our Makes 3 OrganicsⓇ Organic Castile Soaps (Coming Soon!) are the perfect basic ingredient for a DIY shampoo. This simple four ingredient recipe can leave you feeling fresh and eco-friendly.Ingredients and instructions:
- ¼ cup coconut milk (you can either make your own, or use store-bought)
- To make your own coconut milk, you need ½ a cup of shredded coconut in a blender with 1 cup HOT water, pulse the blender around 20 times rather than leaving the blender running
- Strain the mixture through a fine sieve or some cheesecloth, make sure to press down on the coconut to get all the liquid out
- Next, use that coconut and put it back in the blender with HOT water and repeat the straining 3 more times
- ⅓ cup Makes 3 Organics Organic Liquid Soaps
- Any one of our castile soap scents: unscented, peppermint, lemongrass sage, lavender orange, or cinnamon clove
- Add 1 tsp vitamin E, olive or almond oil
- If you choose to use the unscented castile soap you can choose to add 10 to 20 drops of your choice of essential oils
This shampoo is a fun and easy project to do with kids, it is gentle on your hair and scalp, and an easy money saver too!
We would love to see photos you post of your homemade shampoo, so please tag us at @makes3organics on FB, Instagram and Twitter!
Enjoy and happy summer from our family to yours.
~Hannah Linfoot, Guest Blogger
www.makes3organics.com I @makes3organics I #organicforeveryone